This photoblog was launched in August 2008 as an outlet for my growing photography interest, with the notion that I could post whatever, whenever. Thanks for visiting — I hope you enjoy viewing my photos as much as I enjoy making them.
My primary camera is a Sony α700. I shoot with a handful of lenses (see list below), and use filters from Tiffen, Hoya and Cokin as the need arises. I frequently carry a Velbon tripod and use bags from Lowepro & Crumpler. Some early shots on the blog were captured with a now retired Panasonic FZ15. These days I switch between the α700 and a Canon G10 when a DSLR is unwieldy.
- DxO Optics Pro
- Corel Paint Shop Pro
- HDRSoft Photomatix Pro
- Wacom tablet
Last updated Friday, August 6, 2010.
» brian s. chen photography
» Digitized Chaos
» LG Photography
» Sirius2 Photography
» Jason Houck (Galleries)
» Theresa Houck (Galleries)
Favorite Blog Sites
» Cool Photoblogs
» VFXY Photos
» Version History
This photoblog [formerly known as spectrapix] is powered by a homebrew content management system written in vbscript ("classic" ASP). The code is written by hand in notepad and rather ugly.
- Lightbox 2 by Lokesh Dhakar
- Some reCAPTCHA ASP implementation code by Andre Bruton (and Mark Short)
spectrapix v0.97 (2008.11.30)
- Updated page rendering to dynamically format the page based on the image aspect ratio.
spectrapix v0.96 (2008.11.25)
- Corrected record paging issues when browsing through categories
- Addressed image file sizing to improve performance on standard view, enlarged view and thumbnails
spectrapix v0.95 (2008.11.24)
- Added Lightbox2 for photo pop-outs
- Added full comment system using reCAPTCHA anti-bot service
- Added script.aculo.us UI effects for info and comment sections
- Improved layout and used neutral coloring for all elements
- Various bug fixes
- Open: Need to correct record paging issues with browsing 'engine'
- Open: Need to address image file sizing to improve performance
spectrapix v0.90 (2008.08.10)
- Initial version